An Open Letter to Sourdough Blueberry Pancakes



Dear Deliciousness,

Before coffee, chocolate, or fruit tarts - you were there for me Sourdough Blueberry Pancakes.  You have never wavered.  Thank you for comforting me when I'm down, making weekends brighter, and providing continuity to a strange and wandering life.

Your sweet, tangy wonder wakes up my mouth and reminds me that there are adventures everywhere and that one persons "yuck" is another person "yum".

As you sizzle in the pan I smell the wood smoke and see the lamps flicker.  You are my sweetest and most sorrowful moments in one bite, most delightful Sourdough Blueberry Pancakes, I love you.

Hearts & Hugs,
The Expat Table

HOW TO GET STARTED

Sourdough Starter

First of all, ignore all the bullshit about needing special stuff.  It's sourdough.  You need yeast flour and water.  You will in the woods/boonies/boondocks/etc.  You don't need to feel all stressed out about having the perfect ingredients.  We have used normal water, yeast and flour our entire lives and loved the result. Lately we have been using this recipe from www.allrecipes.com.

Make your starter and wait.  Give it a week to get going and it will taste lovely pretty quickly.  Once you have your starter you are set.  You can have sourdough pancakes whenever you want.  We also make sourdough crepes.  A recipe we need post already.



0 comments:

Post a Comment