Size Doesn't Matter

Here is what I use for everything.
Small can are rewarding and satisfying.
I mean, I know folks with huge ones
but they're totally useless
because they don't know how to use them.
So stop using your small kitchen
as an excuse
not to cook delicious food.
The majority of the worlds recipes 
were created over an open fire 
with one pot and, maybe, 
a knife and a spoon.
Trust me, you have all you need.
Here is what I like to have:
Pot & Strainer
Clay pot
Mixing bowl
Frying pan
Big knife *
Paring Knife
Cooking Spatula
Rubber Spatula *
Mixing spoon
Measuring cup
Measuring spoons *
Can opener *
Meat thermometer
Candy Thermometer
Tiny graters
Mortar & Pestle
Masher
Bullet mixer/chopper/grinder
Cutting board
(not pictured because I forgot it)
Espresso pot :P

A Few Specific Tips:
If you can get a pot/strainer combo to save space.
Korean pot works like a double boiler and small dutch oven.
You don't need to go crazy with a big grater.  These work great.
I use these for a lot of things, including making my own ovens.
Since you often need to grind your own spices this is worth it.

A simple blender/food processor.
Hopefully this helps you feel 
more confident about getting started.
Gourmet cooking doesn't have to be expensive.
All you need is imagination,
a passion for research,
fresh ingredients,
and yummy science.

0 comments:

Post a Comment